- In 2019, they had over 60,000 content creators and 7m registered users, and an estimated 10 million users in 2020.
- Users pay a monthly subscription fee to creators, in order to view photos and videos they have posted.
- Subscriptions start from £5 per month up to £1,000,000. The average subscription price is around the £15 mark.
- OnlyFans has a minimum sign-up age of 18.
So… What is OnlyFans?
OnlyFans is an online content-sharing platform that allows creators to charge a flat fee to…
- View their content, which includes photos, videos and text-posts each month
- Chat one-on-one for extra money
- Live-Stream to subscribers, or ‘Fans’
As nudity is allowed on OnlyFans, many creators use the platform to share pornographic images and videos of themselves. Although this wasn’t the first intended use for the platform, the rise of sex-workers moving to OnlyFans has given it a reputation as a pornographic site.
So… We know what OnlyFans is, what do we need to be aware of?
OnlyFans does have Acceptable Use Guidelines and User Content Guidelines, the content posted is at the discretion of the creator, and they can post pretty much anything they like (so long as it’s legal!).
We know that anyone over the age of 18 can legally share pornographic images of themselves, but we are noticing a rise in underage children trying to distribute inappropriate photos of themselves for some money, and every day there are girls and boys waiting to turn 18 so they can legally join OnlyFans as a creator.
For Acceptable Use Guidelines, click here
For User Content Guidelines, click here
To view OnlyFans About page, click here
OnlyFans does not have a parental controls page, as the platform is not intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18. To restrict your childs access to platforms, see the list below.
How to restrict sites on Google Chrome
How to restrict sites on Safari
You can also contact your internet provider for more information on how to block sites on your home devices.